Tuesday, July 16, 2013

About Me

My name is Sarah Sobon, I recently got married so my name is still Sarah Potter in the class.  I am 23 years old and I live in Waukesha, Wisconsin.  I am currently working on my bachelors in health and wellness.  When I graduate I would love to become a wellness coordinator that works with children.  I feel that there is a huge obesity epidemic in this country and unfortunately it is effecting children.  I feel that we need to get back to basics with our lives by cutting out the processed stuff and adding in the natural stuff.  I also think that we need to slow down and enjoy life more.  Stress is a huge factor in obesity as well as many health conditions.  In my spare time I love to walk, I am currently training for my first half marathon.  My goal is to finish, I don't care how long it takes me I just want to finish.  I also like to go kayaking and swimming.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I couldn't agree with you more! Children are getting to the point where obesity looks like a normal thing to them because there are so many of their classmates/peers that mirror how they look. We cannot let this become the "norm" for our children. I say our children because as adults, we are responsible for being great examples for them whether we are their parent, teacher, relative, counselor, hair dresser, etc. I also believe children carry more stress these days than ever before, mainly because of how they look. There is so much bullying going on in the world and I can only imagine the stress level of someone who wakes up everyday thinking that will be the day they start getting bullied because they are overweight. I can honestly say that this is something that I am committed to changing, as much as I can, and I believe we are on the same path!

    ReplyDelete