Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reflection on guided meditation

Guided meditation drives me nuts!  I don't know if the reason I can handle guided meditation is because my mind is to crazy or I just need practice.  I tried really hard to relax and follow the instructions but my mind goes from listening to it to thinking about something totally in left field and then the gong goes of and makes me jump! I'm thinking that it is really just not for me.  I think I rather use other ways to relax, such as going for a walk or reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,
    I have to agree that I don't enjoy someone talking the whole time I am trying to relax. I prefer going on a walk or while I water my garden and all my flowers in the morning. I really enjoy my quiet time outside in the morning before the sun is up to water everything and transplant things. Harvesting fresh produce from my garden is the most rewarding thing ever! I do my gardening in a raised garden bed and therefore almost no weeds grow. We are all different and different relaxation techniques work for each of us. I think the important part is to find that technique that works for us.
    ~Julia:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sara and julia, I agree with you both I have the hardest time with guided meditation this class has been difficult and i have had a hard time making the connections that are spoken of in these meditation exercises. I hope the last few weeks will find us all understanding and making progress in this journey.

    ReplyDelete